The Michigan Geographic Alliance is excited to announce that they are hosting an Inquiry Institute in the summer of 2018. Open to the 6th and 7th grade Social Studies teachers paired with Social Studies, Media Center or Technology Educators from the same district. The Institute is also supported by the National Geographic Society.
- Date: June 26-28, 2018
- Time: 9am – 3:30pm
- Location: Wayne RESA
- Cost: $50 per team of teachers (refundable until May 1st)
This three day world geography and world history institute will help 6th and 7th grade teachers:
- Incorporate inquiry and new Michigan process/skills standards into their teaching
- Learn about the National Geographic Framework for Geo Inquiry
- Expand their use of print and on-line resources
- Become National Geographic Certified Teachers
In addition to a $100/day stipend for each teacher, teams will receive at least $100 of materials as well as lunch and light breakfast each day.
- Dr. Michael Libbee, Central Michigan University and Michigan Geographic Alliance Co-coordinator
- Dr. Phil Gersmehl, Michigan Geographic Alliance
- Gabrielle Likavec, Teacher Consultant, Michigan Geographic Alliance
- Jenna Purdu and Denise Trudell, Wyandotte Middle School
- Cindy Bloom, Comstock Middle School