This full day event has a focus on improving grading and assessment practices with Myron Dueck, the author of ASCD best selling book, Grading Smarter, Not Harder. This one-day workshop will focus on the following topics:
- The purpose of grading and assessment, and how it relates to instruction.
- The value of clear learning targets and rubrics in the instructional process.
- The role of re-dos and retakes in schools and how this process fits within secondary school systems.
- Student self-reporting and the power of student ownership and engagement in assessment.
- Creating assessments that have meaning to the instructional process.
- The role of homework and how it fits within grading practices.
Tuesday, August 9, 2016; 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Early Bird Registration through June 15 : $95.00; Registration after June 15: $125.00
More detailed information can be found here.