University of Michigan East Asian Immersion Teacher Workshop
Saturday, May 14 / 8:45am-4:45pm
SIGHTS, SOUNDS & TASTES
- Experiential Learning about East Asia for Teachers
- Ways to Teach about East Asia Inside the Classroom and Beyond
- Explore tools, techniques and resources for experiential learning to enhance teaching about East Asia
Location: The day will begin at the University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA) and end at Matthaei Botanical Gardens. Bus transportation provided between venues. Please plan to arrive and depart from UMMA at 525 S. State Street in Ann Arbor. Travel support available for participants.
A one-day immersion workshop eligible for SCECH credits offering hands-on learning and field trip experiences—
- Taste: Explore tea ware and taste green tea with UMMA’s Curator of Asian Art Natsu Oyobe;
- Sound: Listen to zithers and East Asian percussion instruments from the Stearns Collection with Yongmin Kim;
- Sight & Touch: Learn about East Asian medicinal herbs with Asian Languages and Cultures lecturer Yi Li Wu and walk through the Medicinal Gardens at Matthaei Botanical Gardens
To reserve a spot, just Click Here to register.
If you have questions or need more information contact Carol Stepanchuk at 734 936-3961 or firstname.lastname@example.org.