The opening keynote from Google Chief Education Evangelists Jaime Casap (@jcasap) provided an inspiring message with practical ideas to increase student engagement.
Here are a few ideas that resonated with me and for many more you can check my Twitter posts for the morning of March 10, 2016.
As a result of his keynote I found a great site that provides access to an index of numerous libraries online. All teachers will find it very helpful when looking for resources.
- Technology will never replace teachers! Education is about great teachers facilitating learning for all students.
- Students have access to numerous libraries at their fingertips. How do we take advantage of this?
- Motivated students will learn on their own without a teacher because they have access. How do we take advantage of that for all students?
- Why are we teaching students that collaboration is cheating?
- Don’t ask students the old school question, “What do you want to be when you grow up?”. Instead ask, “What problem do you want to solve?“